pain , in (the) future , be rich in , contain , fat ( n . ) , soft drink , score , scores of , discuss , discussion , at the end ( of )
三会单词和词组： examine , ripe , advise , patient , energy , weight , put on weight , westerner , cause , unhealthy , lose weight , suggestion
1. What can I do for you ? / What was the matter ? / What's the trouble ?
2. Does it hurt here ? / It's nothing serious . / Let me examine you . / Take this medicine three times a day . / And I advise you not to do …
3. Drink plenty of water and have a good rest . / You'd better have a good rest . / You'll be well soon .
4. Show me your tongue . / Stick out your tongue . / Did you cough much ? / Fortunately , you only have the flu (流感) . / You'll have to be hospitalized (住院) .
5. How long have you been like this ? / Well , let's see . Open your mouth and say "ah ". / Keep warm and don't catch cold .
1. I've got a pain ( cough , headache , toothache ) . / I don't feel well . / There's something wrong with … . / This place hurts . / I feel a great pain here . / I feel dizzy (头晕) . / I took some medicine last night , but they didn't help . / Doctor , please give me an examination .
2. I've had my temperature taken . I indeed have a fever . / I was hot and cold by turns .
3. I don't feel well , doctor . / I hope it won't last long . / I don't feel like eating anything .
4. I have a sore throat ( 喉咙痛) and my chest hurts . / It started bothering me yesterday afternoon . / I feel hot and feverish . / I'm aching all over .
5. I've been losing sleep . / My whole body feels weak . / I've lost my voice . / My ears are ringing , and my cheeks burning . / I feel a pain in my left leg .
1. I advise you (not) to do … / you'd better (not) do … / I suggest that you (should) do … / Why not do … / Why don't you do …
2. It's better to be absolutely sure , even if it does take a bit more time and trouble .
3. Well , if I were you , I would spend about four days sightseeing in Beijing and two or three days in Shanghai for shopping .
4. Let me give you a bit of advice , if you don't mind . Stop smoking or at least cut down on it . Watch your diet and …
5. How / What about doing some shopping here ?
6. I think we'd better send for a doctor .
7. Well , if you go on the way you have , you're only going to make things harder for yourself .
8. Yes , I suppose so . / Yes , I certainly will . / That's a good idea . / Yes , but don't you think … ?
Sea water contains salt .
This auditorium will contain 3,000 people .
(1) contain 和 include 虽然都有"包含"的意思，但 contain 可用于表示包含所含之物的全部或部分，而 include 则只是包含一部分。试对比：
The parcel contained a dictionary . 那包裹里装的是一本字典。
The parcel included a dictionary . 那包裹里也包括了一本字典。
The tour includes a visit to Paris . 这次旅行包括游览巴黎。
The basket contains a variety of fruits . 这篮子装有各种水果。
(2) including 可以作介词连接介词短语。试比较：
Many women were waiting to buy that kind of cloth , including my mother .
Many women were waiting to buy that kind of cloth , my mother included .
可以这样说，include 着重"被包含者只是整体中的一部分"。contain 着重"内有"。
The doctor advised a soft diet . 医生建议进软食。 〖点拨〗
(1) advise + doing
He advised getting plenty of sleep and eating good meals .
(2) advise sb to do 建议某人干……。advise sb not to do sth =advise sb against doing 建议某人不要干
The teacher advised us not to read carelessly . =The teacher advised us against careless reading .
对比：The teacher advised our reading carefully . (动名词复合结构)
(3) advise that + 主语 + (should) do
She advised that he spend his holidays in Heinan .
对比：（误）Sharon suggested me to ask Dr Yang for help .
（对）Sharon advised me to ask Dr Yang for help .
（对）Sharon suggested / advised that I should ask Dr Yang for help .
（对）Sharon suggested / advised my asking Dr Yang for help .
（对）I was advised to ask Dr Yang for help by Sharon .
(4) advice 是不可数名词，表达"一条建议"用：a piece / bit / word of advice 。
The score at the end of the game was 5 to 4 against the visiting team . 比赛结果为 5 比 4 ， 客队败北。
What's the score now ? 现在比分是多少 ？
(1) scores of 许多，大批
The exhibition has scores of visitors every day .
(2) score 前有数词时，score 用单数，其后的 of 常省略。但在代词或者起定语作用的指示代词及物主掉次前的 of 不能省略。
Three score of them are League members .
Three score of those eggs are his .
She has two score (of) eggs . (这种情况下最好不用 of )
I've something of great importance to discuss with you .
After careful discussion the two parties reached an agreement on this matter .
(1) discuss 后直接接名词、疑问词 + to do ，不接 about / on 。但discussion 后可以接about 。
（错）We have discussed about the problem .
（对）We have discussed the problem .
（对）We have had a discussion about the problem .
(2) discuss sth with sb 和某人讨论……
We will discuss the changes of our school with them later .
(3) discuss freely 自由讨论，discuss fully / thoroughly 充分讨论，discuss keenly 激烈讨论，under discussion 在讨论中，have a long discussion about / on sth 对……进行长时间的讨论， a heated / hot discussion 热烈的讨论。
Your suggestion is very helpful .
(1) 含有suggestion 的主语从句、表语从句、同位语从句、定语从句中主句谓语用 should 型虚拟式。
We agree to his suggestion that the book (should) be published once more .
(2) suggestion 的搭配有：make a helpful / timely suggestion 作出有益（适时）的建议。act on / at one's suggestion =act on / at the suggestion of sb 按照某人的建议做。
(3) suggestion , advice 和 opinion
advice 多指根据自己的学识和经验提出来的供人参考的意见。suggestion 指为改进工作、解决问题而提出的建议，比 advice 委婉。opinion 是日常用语，指对某事的观点、想法。另外，advice 是不可数名词。
Advice is seldom welcome . (谚语) 忠言逆耳。
In our opinion , these trees must be cut down at once .
We have decided to pay more attention to their suggestions .1. at the doctor's 在诊所
At the doctor's you can have your eyesight tested .
2. visit a doctor =see a doctor 看医生，看病，就诊
He had to visit a doctor because of his heart trouble .
3. a piece of bread 一块面包
4. a bit 有点儿（修饰形容词）
These apples are a bit green . 这些苹果有些生。
5. have a good rest 好好休息一下
6. in four hours' time 四小时后，四小时内
Take two pills now and two more in fours' time .
They will arrive in two hours' time .
7. a diet of 一种……的食物
Every person needs water and a diet of healthy foods .
8 . different kinds of 不同种类的
There are different kinds of moon cakes on Mid-Autumn Day .
Different kinds of book ( =Different kinds of books =Books of different kinds ) are on show in the book fair .
9. in calories 以卡来计算
The energy is measured in calories . 这种能量以卡来计算。
10. be asleep 睡者（强调状态）。fall asleep 睡着（强调动作）
11. burn up 烧掉，烧毁；消耗掉。
While you are walking , your body is burning up 100 calories an hour .
If the satellite returns to the earth too fast , it burns up on the way .
The house burned up before the firemen got there .
12. as much as 像……那样多；多达；到达……的程度。as much as 用于不可数的物体，而 as many as 则用于可数的物体。该结构还可以变化为：as much + 不可数名词 + as 或者 as many + 可数名词 + as 的形式。
Here is a bottle of ink . You may use as much as you need .
The average distance of the sun from the earth is as much as 150 million kilometres .
You should rest as much as possible .
In the countries of Black Africa , there are as many as 700 languages .
When working there , she could earn as much as 500 dollars a week .
He is strong enough to carry as much as 200 jin .
13. be considered (to be ) + 名词或者形容词"被认为是……"
14. be rich in 含有大量的；充满
This kind of fish is rich in vitamins A and D .
A large stretch of land rich in coal is called a coal field .
注意其反义词组是：be low in 含量低。be high in 含有大量的……
15. too much 过于多的（修饰不可数名词、作主语、作宾语、作表语）。而much too修饰形容词和副词。
She gets up much too early , because she has too much work to do every day .
16 . take exercise 运动；锻炼
You need to take more exercise if you want to keep healthy .
She ate too much and did not take any exercise .
17. put on weight 增加体重；发胖。lose weight 减少体重。
Too many sweets and not enough exercise will make you put on weight .
To the great joy of her , she has lost much weight .
18. in the form of 以……的形式
He made the suggestion in the form of a question .
All sounds travel in the forms of waves .
Water exists in the form of ice , snow , steam , etc.
19. one person in ten =one-tenth =one person out of ten 十分之一的人
注意区别：ten to one 十有八九，有可能
20. by the age of 在……岁前；不超过……岁。by 在这里相当于 before 。
She had had three children by the age of 35 .
He had been in the army for two years by the age of 18 .
注意：at the age of 在……岁时。试对比：
She married at the age of 30 .
She had been married by the age of 30 .
21. put … in order 把……按照顺序排列好
22 . value for money 合算，花钱值得
23 . scores of 几十的，大量的，许多的（修饰可数名词）
24 . value of money 合算，花钱值得
25 . lose weight 减少体重
26 . die from heart illnesses 死于各类心脏疾病