教案精选：高中英语《Food Around The World》教学设计
本单元同学们要学习如何用英语表达各种各样的食物名称以及有关“就餐”的日常用语。通过课文阅读“Food Around the World”，了解玉米这种植物是如何传到中国的。中国的许多果子又是如何被引进到世界的其它国度的。下面是一篇有关玉米 （corn）的趣味短文，请你阅读后看看玉米都有那些妙用。
Corn is the American name for maize . America is the biggest producer of corn in the world .
“Sweet corn”is the sweetest corn . Many people like to eat sweet corn on on the cob . Popcorn is a highly popular snack food in America . It is sold at the entrance of every cinema .
There are two expressions that include the word “corn”. A selfish person has little sense of shame about his selfishness as he thinks other people are selfish , too . We call this “measuring another\'s corn by one\'s own bushel ”.
An honest person admits the corn frankly if he loses in a game or debate . We think this is a gentlemanly way of talking one\'s own defeat . (corn 是美语对玉米的叫法。美国是世界上最大的生产国。“甜玉米”是最甜的玉米。许多人喜欢吃甜玉米棒子。爆玉米花在美国是很受欢迎的零食。每家电影院的入口处都能买到它。有两个包含 corn 字的习语。自私的人对自己的自私心缺乏羞愧感，因为他认为别人也是自私的。我们就把这个叫做“以自己的标准衡量他人，即以己度人。一个诚实的人，如果比赛或者辩论失败，就坦诚地认输。我们认为，这样接受失败是有风度的。”)
就餐套语 50 句
● Finding a table for dinner (找餐桌)
1. Can we take that table over there ? 我们可以坐那边的那张桌子吗 ？
2. Have you got a table for four ? 你们有供四人用餐的桌子吗？
3. I prefer the one in that quiet corner . 我喜欢在那安静角落里的那张桌子 。
4. Is the table free , waiter ? 服务员，这张桌子空着吗 ？
5. No , this table is too close to the door . I don\'t like it .
6. This one is good . Let\'s take it . 这张桌子不错。我们坐这儿吧。
● Seating the diner (给就餐者安排座位)
1. Could you follow me , please ? 请随我来。
2. Here is your table . Is itall right ? 这儿是您的桌子。行吗 ？
3. I\'m afraid there\'s no other places free at the moment . 目前恐怕没有别的空位了。
4. I\'m sorry , sir , the one by the window has been booked by telephone . Would you like to sit over there near the door ?
5. There\'s a table for four over there . Would you like it ?
● Asking if the diner is ready to order (询问就餐者是否准备点菜了)
1. Would you like to order now , sir ? 现在您想点菜吗，先生 ？
2. Have you decided what you\'d like ? 您决定吃什么菜了吗 ？
3. Are you ready to order , sir ? 您准备点菜了吗 ，先生 ？
4. Can I take your order now ? 现在我可以请您点菜了吗 ？
5. Have you chosen something ? 您选好菜了吗 ？
● Asking what the diner would like to have (询问就餐者想吃什么)
1. And what to follow ?接下来要上什么 ？
2. What soup would you prefer ? And what kind of fish do you like ?
3. What would you like to start / begin with ? 您想开始先点些什么 ？
4. Would you care for a drink before you order , sir ? 点菜以前您想喝点饮料吗 ？
5. What dishes would you like ? 您要什么菜 ？
● Finding out what the restaurant has today (了解餐馆今天有什么菜肴)
1. Could we have a look at the menu first , please ? 我们先看看菜单好吗 ？
2. What do you have today for breakfast ? 今天早餐你们供应什么 ？
3. What\'s special for tonight ? 今晚有什么特色菜 ？
4. What else have you got on the menu ? 你们菜单上还有什么别的吗 ？
5. What kind of seafood do you have ? 你们有哪些海味 ？
● Ordering a meal (点菜)
1. Get me some chicken salad , please . 请给我来点鸡肉色拉 。
2. Bring me two beers , please . 请来两杯啤酒。
3. Anything is all right with me . I will order the same .
4. I think I\'ll have soup to start with .
5. It sounds good . I\'d like to try the chicken .
● Asking how the diner would like something (询问就餐者对菜肴有什么要求)
1. Do you like your tea strong or weak ? 您喜欢茶浓点还是淡点 ？
2. How would you like them prepared ? 你喜欢菜怎么做 ？
3. Would you like it rare , medium , or well-done ? 您喜欢做得嫩一点，中等程度还是老一点 ？
4. You want it now or after dinner ?
5. How would you like it done ?
● Expressing hospitality (表示殷勤款待)
1. Have some and I\'m sure you\'ll like it .
2. Help yourself to anything you like .
3. Do have some more , there\'s plenty left . 再吃点吧，还有很多呢。
4. Try some of this , please . 尝尝这个吧。
5. Shall I make you a glass of beer ? 我给你倒一杯啤酒好吗 ？
● Responding to hospitality (对殷勤款待的应答)
1. I don\'t think I could eat another bite . 我想我一口也再吃不下去了。
2. All right , but only a small piece .
3. It\'s really delicious , but I honestly couldn\'t eat any more .
4. I\'ve had more than enough .
5. No , thanks . I don\'t drink any wine .
● Paying the bill (付帐)
1. Can I have the bill , please ? 请把帐单给我好吗 ？
2. It\'s my treat this time . I\'ll pay . 这次我请客。我来付。
3. Let\'s go Dutch this time . 这次我们各付各的。
4. Waiter ! The bill / check , please .
5. Let me pay this time . You can pay next time .
1. coffee 咖啡
Which do you like better , tea or coffee ?
How about a cup of coffee ?
(1) coffee 是不可数名词，通过量词可以具体化。如：She made me a cup of coffee . 她给我沏了一杯咖啡。white coffee 加牛奶的咖啡。black coffee 不加牛奶的咖啡。
(2) 目前在口语中直接在coffee后加 -s 表示几杯几杯咖啡。如：Waiter , two coffees , please . 服务员，来两杯咖啡。
2. offer 作动词和名词“提供，提出，奉献，贡献，出价”
It\'s very kind of you to offer me so much help . 你真好，给我提供了这么多的帮助。
offer sb 100 yuan for the bike 愿以 100 元把这辆自行车买给某人
make an offer of support 表示愿意支持
测试要点：offer to do （主动）提出干……
Each of them offered to be a guide for the blind man .
Finding I was poor at English , Monitor Wang offered to help me with my English .
3. prepare 准备，筹备，调制，配制
They have found a way to prepare them in the form of small tablets . 他们想出办法把它们制成小小的药片。
Mother is busy in preparing a meal for the family . 母亲正为全家人准备饭。
(1) be well prepared for =be well prepared to do 为……做好充分的准备
(2) prepare sb to do =prepare sb for sth 让某人做好……的准备
(3) prepare for 为……做好准备(for 的宾语不一定是准备这一动作的直接承受者)。prepare sth准备……（宾语必须是这一动作的承受者）
The students are preparing their lessons .
The teachers are preparing lessons .
He told them to prepare for the operation at once .
(4) get ready for =get ready to do 准备…… （强调结果）
They are preparing a party . 他们正在准备宴会。
They have got ready for the party . 他们已经为宴会做好了准备。
( 误 )We prepare to have a meeting next Monday .
（对）We plan to (are going to) have a meeting next Monday .
4. room 空间，地方
This desk takes up too much room . 这张桌子太占地方了。
I haven\'t much room to move here .
There\'s room for three more . 还有三个人的位置。
特别注意词组 make room for “为……腾出地方；给……让出时间”。
Would you kindly make room for my friend here ?
More room will have to be made on the programme for these performers . 节目单上一定要给这些演员多留出一些时间。
1. No , thanks . I\'ve had enough . 谢谢，我已经吃饱了。
2. I\'m full , thank you . 谢谢，我吃饱了。
3. take turns to do =take turns + -ing 轮流干……
The three men took turns driving so one would not be so tired .
测试要点：用介词短语表达“轮流”是“in turn =by turns”
4. help oneself to + 食物、香烟等“自用……”
I can help myself , thanks . 我可以自己来，谢谢。
Would you like one ? Help yourself . 你想要一个吗 ？自己动手吧。
测试要点：help sb to 帮某人再弄写菜或倒点酒
Boys , help yourselves to more chicken and fish .
Ton , help yourself to a cigarette .
Manager Zhang , may I help you to some more meat ?
1. make A into B 把 ……制成……
Cotton can be made into cloth . 棉花可以被制成布。
They are making the old kitchen into a little bedroom .
The grapes are made into wine .
2. by 1555 =by the year 1555截止到 1555年
3. become crowded (with) 挤满了……
The hall became crowded with villagers .
4. in many different ways 以很多不同的方法
测试要点：对比名词与介词的不同， by this means “用这种方法”，with this method “用这种方法”，( in ) this way “用这种方法”。
5. in the beginning 起初
In the beginning , you will find it very difficult .
In the beginning he wasn\'t very interested in school , but as time went by he began to enjoy it .
对比：at the beghinning (of)在……开始时
At the beginning of the summer , we are going to Dalian .
6. from one country to another 从一个国家到另一个国家
7. than ever before 比以前任何时候都比较
She now looks much older than ever before .
Because we have airplanes , we can travel from one place to another faster than ever before .
本单元要求复习 unit 1 —— 7 中出现过的主要语法，如：定语从句、被动语态和动词的各种时态。
●“介词 + 关系代词”中介词的选用
在学习定语从句时，“介词 + 关系代词”引导的定语从句是一个难点，难在何处？感到茫然的同学主要是不知道该选用什么介词。而介词的选用是有一定规律的，只要掌握了这些规律性的东西，解题就可迎刃而解，举一反三了。
She paid the man from whom she had borrowed some money . ( =She paid the man . She had borrowed some money from him . )（注意：borrow sth . from sb . 这一搭配关系）
In the dark street , there wasn\'t a single person to whom she could turn for help (NMET 92)（注意：turn to sb . for help 这一搭配关系）
The dog died because there was no way in which it could be brought back to the earth .
此句相当于：The dog died . There was no way it could be brought back to earth . （注意：in the way , in this / that way 这一搭配关系）又如：
He will never forget the day on which he joined the Party .（介词 on 与先行词 day 的搭配关系）
China is a large country with a long history of which we are greatly proud .（注意：be / feel proud of 这一习惯搭配）
The two things of which they felt very proud were Jim\'s gold watch and Della\'s hair .（1998年上海高考试题）
⒋ 若表示“所有关系”或“整体中的一部分”，则用介词 of 。如：
I live in this room , the window of which faces south . ( =I live in this room , whose window faces south . )（表示“所有关系”）
There are over 3,000 workers in that factory , eighty-five percent of whom are women . ( =There are … , and eighty-five percent of them are women . 表示“整体中的一部分”）
China has hundreds of islands , the largest of which is Taiwan . （表示“整体中的一部分”）
1 . I\'ll never forget the summer holidays (which / that) I spent on the seashore .
2 . I\'ll never forget the summer holidays when I worked by the seaside .
3 . He is going to work on the island which / that needs him most .
4 . He is going to work on the island where he is most needed .
分析：在例1句子中，关联词 which / that 在从句中作及动动词 spent 的宾语，可省略；在例2句中，关联词 when 在从句中作时间状语；在例3中，关联词 which\'that 在从句中作主语，不能省略；在例4句子中，关联词 where 在从句中作地点状语。
结论：定语从句的重点是如何选择关联词(关系代词或关系副词)。若关联词在从句中作状语，就应使用关系副词；否则就应使用关系代记号。关系副词 when , where , why 的使用，并不决定于其先行词是表时间、地点或原因的词，而是取决于关联词在从句中充当哪种语法成分。只有当关联词在从句中作时间、地点或原因状语时，才能分别使用关系副词 when , where , why 或者用 in / at / on which 代替 when , 用 in / at which 代替 where , 用 for which 代替 why；若关联词在从句中作主语、宾语，则应用关系代词 which 或 that。
1 . I still remember the day ____ I first came to the college .
A . on which B . in which C . at which D . which
2 . They wll never forget the day ____ they got married .
A . that B . which C . in which D . when
3 . He makes good use of the time ____ he can spare .
A . when B . that C . in that D . in which
4 . The factory ____ his mother works is in the east of the city .
A . that B . which C . on which D . where
5 . The place ____ interested me most was the Children\'s Palace .
A . which B . where C . what D . in which
6 . That is the reason ____he wasn\'t here yesterday .
A . why B . which C . on which D . in which
7 . That is the reason ____ he can\'t say .
A . why B . that C . what D . in which
1 . A on which 可用 when 代替，在定语从句中起时间状语的作用。 2 . D 关系副词 when 在从句中作时间状语，可用 on which 代替。 3 . B 关系代词 that 在定语从中作及物动词 spare 的宾语，可用 which，也可省略。 4 . D 关系副词 where 在从句中作地点状语，可用 in which 代替。 5 . A 关系代词 which 在从中作主语，可用 that 代替。 6 . A 关系副词 why 在从中作原因状语，可用 for which 代替。 7 . B 关系代词 that 在从句中作及物动词 say 的宾语，可用 which 代替，也可省略。
主动语态变被动语态的“三步曲”是：一、将主动语态的宾语变为被动语态的主语；二、谓语动词改为被动形式；三、如需强调动作的执行者；用介词 by 引出。那么，下面的三个问题也值得我们重视。
1 . 宾语为抽象名词或处所名词。如：
She always worries about her health . 她总是担心她的健康。
His friends left Beijing by train yesterday . 昨天他的朋友们坐火车离开了北京。
2 . 宾语为反身代词或相互代词。如：
They are teaching themselves English . 他们正在自学英语。
We should learn from each other . 我们应该互相学习。
3 . 宾语为行为者身上的某部位或某器官。如：
At last he put his hands up .
4 . 宾语为表示某组织机构的词组。如：
His father joined the Party two years ago . 他父亲两年前入了党。
5 . 谓语部分为一个不可分割的动词短语。如：
Then he made faces and jumped like a monkey . 接着他做鬼脸并象猴子一样地跳。
This pen writes well . 这笔很好写。
pen (笔) 怎么能自己 write (写)呢 ? 这有点不合逻辑。从语法和逻辑角度看，This pen is written well . 似乎更正确。可英美人很少这样说。他们一般都说 This pen writes well . 他们认为这样更简略、更自然、更合乎习惯。
1 . 这类动词常见的有 open , look , read , write , smell , taste , sound , cook , wash , fill 等。如：The door opens to the south . 这道门是朝南开的。
This kind of cloth washes very well . 这种布很耐洗。
This book sells well . 这书很好销。
2 . 这类动词短语常见的有：take place(=happen) , break out , belong to 等。如：
Great changes have taken place in our country . 我国已发生了巨大的变化。
A fire broke out last night . 昨晚发生了一场火灾。
The books on the desk belong to our teacher . 桌上的书是属于我们老师的。
在被动句中有时用 by 词组，有时不用，这是由多种因素决定的。一般说来，当动作执行者不太清楚，不重要或难以说出时，通常不用 by 词组。但有时为了强调动作执行者或由于上下文和结构上所需则使用 by 词组。
1 . 下列情况下，by 短语不能省略。
Even a child can answer this question . →This question can be answered even by a child .
②省去 by 短语，句子意思不完整或者含糊不清。如：
Miss Gao teaches us English . →We are taught English by Miss Gao .
Who discovered America ? →Who(Whom) was America discover ?
Telephone was invented by Bell .
The boy was beaten by his father .
2 . 下列情况下，by 短语可以省略
They completed the building in 1996 . →
The building was completed in 1996 .
He gave me some advice . →
I was given some advice .
Some advice was given (to) me .
③主动语态中含有复合宾语。如：I saw him go downstairs . → He was seen to go downstairs .
④主动语态中含有宾语从句。如：I believe that he will keep his word . → He is believed to keep his word . (=It is believed that he will keep his word . )
英语中，我们多用 be +v . -ed 结构来表示被动含义；但有时也可用动词的主动形式来表示被动意义。有主动形式表被动意义是一种特殊的语态现象，常见的有：
一、在动词 need , want , require , bear , deserve 等后常用动名词的主动形式表被意义。例如：
① The civil quality of the whole nation needs improving . 全民族的文化素质需要提高。
② Every truth requires testing through practice . 一切真理都需要经受实践的检验。
③ The river dam wants reinforcing . 这道河堤需要加固。
④ His words won\'t bear repeating . 他的话不堪重述。
一般地，这些动名词都可用不定式的被动结构来代替。如上述第三例可改为：The river dam wants to be reinforced .
二、在 be worth doing 结构中，用动名词的主动形式表被动意义。例如：
If a thing is worth doing , it should be done well . 值得做的事就一定要做好。
三、有些及物动词在某些特定场合下，常用主动形式表被动含义。这类动词有 write , read , clean , lock , wear , wash , catch , work , cut , draw , start 等。例如：
This kind of cloth cleans easily . 这种布(料)易洗。
This home-made pen writes smoothly . 这支国产笔很好写。
His book does not sell . 他的书没有销路。
Her letter read like this . 她的信是这样写的。
The car can\'t start . 这辆车开不动(发动不了)。
The recorder won\'t play . 这台录音机不转了。
四、某些实义动词被当作系动词用时含有被动意义，但不能用被动式。这类动词有 look , sound , feel , taste , smell , keep , stay 等。例如：
You look pale . What\'s the matter ? 你的脸苍白，是怎么回事 ?
His theory sounds reasonable . 你的理论听起来很有道理。
Good medicine tastes bitter . 良药苦口。
Food can keep fresh in a fridge . 食物在冰箱里能保鲜。
The shop stays open till 8:00 p . m . 这家商店一直要开到晚上八点。
1 . 当不定式的逻辑主语以动作执行者的身份出现在句中时，例如：
Do you have anything to say for yourself before you die ? 你死前有什么话要说吗 ?
The theory is too abstract for a child to understand . 这理论太抽象，孩子不能理解。
2 . 在“be +形容词+ to 不定式”结构中。例如：
He is hard to satisfy . 他很难满足。
I don\'t think this so-called big movie is terribly interesting to watch . 我认为这部所谓的巨片并不十分好看。
3 . There be 结构中，作定语的不定式多用主动表被动，但也可用被动式，意义上一般无差别。例如：
There is no time to lose / be lost . 没有时间可浪费了。
但当句中主语为 something , anything , nothing 时，作定语的不定式用主动或被动式其含义有区别：
There\'s nothing to do - I\'m bored . 无事可干椢颐频没拧?/P>
There\'s nothing to be done - I\'ll have to give it up . 没办法椢抑缓梅牌??/P>
4 . 在 be to blame , be to let 等结构中，不定式的主、被动形式都可表达被动含义。例如：
He is not to blame . 他不该被责备。
Are the cameras to let ? 这些相机出租吗 ?
六、在某些介词后，动名词用主动形式表被动含义。常见介词有 past , beyond , above 等。例如：
The question is beyond / above teenagers understanding . 这个问题还不能被十几岁的孩子理解。
The pain was almost past bearing . 疼痛几乎无法(被)忍受。
最后补充一点。不及物动词没有被动式，这是我们都知道的；可是有的同学由于受汉语思维习惯的影响，常将这样一些词或词组用于被动语态。最易被这样误用的词(组)有 happen , last , spread , end , take place , break out 等。现举几例，以示其正确用法：
The newly - imported foreign film lasts almost three hours . 这部进口的外国影片几乎要放映三个小时。
Great changes have taken place in the whole world since the end of World War Ⅱ . 第二次世界大战结束以来，整个世界已发生了巨大的变化。
The news spread quickly in the town . 消息在城里迅速传开。
1. 误：The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put it into my mouth .
正：The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put into my mouth .
析：虽然finger 后省掉了在定语从句中作宾语的关系代词 that / which ，但是定语从句中也不能重复先行词，故 it 多余。
2. 误：Mary was late for the meeting again , that made the manager angry .
正：Mary was late for the meeting again , which made the manager angry .
析：逗号之后不用关系代词 that 引导定语从句，而用 which 引导非限制性定语从句修饰前面整个句子，并在从句中作主语等。
3. 误： The students , many of them are girls , have come back to school .
正： The students , many of whom are girls , have come back to school .
析：介词或介词短语后的定语从句不用关系代词that 。若修饰人时关系代词用 whom，修饰物时关系代词用 which 。如：The knife with which he cut the branch is sharp .
4. 误：Is this farm which you visited last time ?
正：Is this farm the one you visited last time ?
析：上例中 this farm 为主语而非先行词。因此误句缺少表语 the one ，即缺少后面定语从句的先行词。
5. 误：You are the only one of the girls who dance well .
正： You are the only one of the girls who dances well .
析：定语从句部分的谓语形式必须与行词在人称和数上保持一致。上例中先行词 the (only)one 为单数。对比：You are one of the girls who dance well. (先行词为 the girls )
6. 误：I won\'t forget the time when I spent in the countryside .
正： I won\'t forget the time I spent in the countryside .
析：先行词 the time 在从句中作动词 spent 的宾语，而非时间状语。因此关系代词which 或that 可省。
7. 误： All what he said is true .
正： All he said is true .
析：先行词为 all 时定语从句用 that 引导，且 that 作宾语时可省，此句相当于主语从句 What he said is true . 但 what 不能引导定语从句。
8. 误：Tom , for whose life had once been very hard , has started a company recently .
正：Tom , for whom life had once been very hard , has started a company recently .
析：定语从句中介词 for 提前，life 应是从句部分的主语。若先行词置于从句中应为 Life had once been very hard for Tom .
9. 误： There are a lot of people plant trees there .
正：There are a lot of people who plant trees there .
析：主句为 There are a lot of people .先行词 people 在定语从句中做主语，故从句部分缺少关系代词。
10. 误：I often go to the street which she lives .
正：I often go to the street where she lives .
析：定语从句中的谓语动词 live 是不及物动词，因此先行词 street 在从句中应作地点状语而非宾语，应用关系副词 where 引导从句，相当于 in which .
“Unless I get a rise , I\'ll have to talk with the (1) , Henry Manley , ”George Strong said to himself . George liked his job and e liked the town (2) he lived , (3) his wife kept telling him that his pay was not enough to (4) the needs of the family . That was (5) he was thinking of taking a job in Birmingham , a nearby city about 50 miles (6) . He had been offered a (7) in a factory there , and the pay was far away .
George lived in Wyeford , a medium-sized town . He (8) liked the place and didn\'t like the(9) of moving somewhere else , but if he took the job in Birmingham , he (10) move his family there .
Henry Manley was the manager of a small (11) producing electric motors . The company was (12) deep trouble because , among other reasons , the Japanese were (13) such things (14) very low prices . (15) , Manley had to (16) his own prices and profits(利润) as well (17) he would not get any (18) at al . Even then , orders were sill not coming in fast enough , so that there was no money for (19) for his workers . Somehow , he had to struggle along and keep his best (20) as well . He sighed (叹息) . Just then the phone rang .
His secretary told him that George Strong wanted to see him as soon as possible . Manley (21) again . He could guess (22) it was about . Strong was a very young engineer (23) had no future (24) it could attract and keep men like him . Manley rubbed his forehead ; his problems seemed (25) .
1 . A . worker B . boss C . secretary D . engineer
2 . A . where B . how C . which D . why
3 . A . and B . so C . therefore D . but
4 . A . support B . spend C . meet D . have
5 . A . why B . how C . what D . where
6 . A . far B . faraway C . away D . far away
7 . A . car B . telephone C . house D . job
8 . A . partly B . really C . hardly D . somewhat
9 . A . fact B . idea C . suggestion D . plan
10 .A. will have to B . had to C . would have to D . have to
11 . A . store B . company C . town D . place
12 . A . at B . in C . with D . for
13. A. collecting B . buying C . seeking D . selling
14 . A . in B . with C . for D . at
15.A. As a result B . Above all C . In return D . At first
16 . A . improve B . cut C . raise D . keep
17. A . therefore B . however C . otherwise D . and so
18 . A . money B . orders C . profit D . reward
19 . A . pays B . improvement C . raises D . rise
20 . A . workers B . secretary C . machines D . products
21 . A . smiled B . sighed C . rang D . thought
22 . A . how B . that C . what D . who
23 . A . George B . Manley C . The factory D . The company
24 . A . unless B. until C . if D . even if
25 . A . over B . finished C . endless D . settled
〖答案与赏析〗1 . B 见文中第三段第一句。 2 . A where 在此引导定语从句，相当于 in which 作状语，故选 A。 3 . D 据文章意思这里表转折。 4 . C meet ，意为“满足”，常与 needs 搭配使用，meet the needs of 是“满足……的需要”之意。A . support(支撑)、B . spend(花费)、D . have(拥有)都不合题意。 5 . A 这里表原因。 6 . C A、B、D三个选项中的词均不可与数字连用。 7 . D 由文意决定。8 . B 不想搬家正是因为 George 确实喜欢这个地方。 9 . B 该句是说 George 不喜欢这一想法，这里并不涉及别人的建议问题，故C不对。A、D也不合题意。 10 . C 该句是虚拟语气，表示对将来的一种假设，故主句该用 would have to。 11 . B 下句有揭示。 12 . B in (deep) trouble 是固定搭配，意为“处于困境中”。 13 . D 这家公司的电动机之所以不好销是由于日本人正在以低价销售这种产品的原因所致，A、B、C不合题意。 14 . D (sell) at low prices 或(sell) at a low price 为固定搭配，意为“以低价(出售)”。 15 . A 此处表结果。其它三个选项不符合逻辑。 16 . B 这里指“降低价格”，符合题意，A、C、D与题意不符。 17 . C therefore(因此)、however(然而)、and so(表递进)，均不合题意，故选 otherwise “否则；要不然的话”。 18 . B 下句有提示。 19 . C 据文章的意思公司是没钱给工人提高工资，而并非连工资都发不下来。 20 . A 要想使公司能正常维持下去，Manley 就必须设法留住最好的工人，后文提到的 George 就是一例。 21 . B 据上下文情景及 again 一词推断。 22 . C what 引导宾语从句，并指代 Strong 所想和 Manley 谈话的内容，语法上做介词 about 的宾语，A、B 项均不能做 about 的宾语，D意思不对。 23 . D 留不住像 George 这样的好工人，当然首先是公司的前景不妙，且文章第三段第一、二句提示有 the company，故A、B、C项均不合题意。 24 . A unless 表条件，意为“除非……”，在此符合题意。 25 . C 接踵而至的问题，自然让人感到 Manley 的麻烦似乎没完没了，A、B、D项意思正好相反，故均不合题意。
颜 色 类
1. be black and blue ---- be covered with bruises 浑身青紫，遍体鳞伤：
It was the first time I had ridden a horse and I was black and blue after it.
2. in black and white ---- written down 白纸写黑字；写下来：
Please don\'t think I mistrust you, but I would prefer to have our agreement in black and white.
3. give someone a black look ---- look angrily at sb 怒视某人：
He gave me such a black look that I decided not to mention the subject again.
4. feel blue ---- feel sad, feel miserable 忧郁的,沮丧的,烦闷的：
If you\'re feeling blue, a couple of drinks may cheer you up.
5. out of the blue ---- unexpectedly 意外的，突然地：
The news of her marriage came out of the blue.
6. have green fingers ---- be good at gardening 擅长园艺：
I can\'t tell an apple tree from a pear tree, but my wife has very green fingers.
7. be green ---- inexperienced ;easily deceived 无经验的,易受骗的：
He\'s still rather green, but a couple of years in the army will make him wiser.
8. be/go grey ---- be/become grey-haired 头发变灰白：
Although still young, he is going very grey.
9. be in the pink ---- be very well in health 非常健康：
I\'m in the pink, and hope you are too.
10. be/go purple with rage ---- be/become extremely angry 气得脸色发紫；极其生气：
When I asked him to pay me what he owed ,he went purple with rage.
11. go red ---- blush 脸红，害臊：
When asked to recite her poem, the girl went red and could not say a word.
12. see red ---- lose control of oneself through anger 气得眼睛都红了；怒不可遏：
When she sees her cat being ill treated, she sees red.
13. be in the red ---- owe money, especially to a bank 有赤字； 负有债务，亏空：
Sales began to drop and the company was soon in the red.
14. get out of the red ---- get out of debt to a bank 不再欠（银行的）债，不再亏空：
I only need ＄1000 to get out of the red.
15. catch someone red-handed ---- catch someone in the act of committing a crime （犯罪时）当场捉住，当场捕获：
The shop detective caught him red-handed as he was slipping a packet of cigarettes into his pocket.
16. be/go white ---- be/ become pale in the face with fear 吓得脸色苍白：
When the police arrived he went white and looked around for a way to escape.
17. as white as a sheet/ghost --- very pale in the face 脸色苍白：
The injured man lay on the ground, as white as a sheet.
18. tell a white lie -- tell a lie which is regarded as harmless and excusable 讲不怀恶意的谎言：
I didn\'t want to offend him ,so I told a white lie and said I didn\'t know.
19. be yellow ---- not brave 胆小的，卑怯的：
The serfs were too yellow to stand up and fight.
20. in a brown study ---- thinking deeply 沉思冥想：
He heard bad news this morning and he\'s been in a brown study all day.
1. as quiet as a mouse----very quiet ,silent 一声不响；非常安静：
He sat as quiet as a mouse and listened to her story.
2. as busy as a bee----very busy 非常忙碌；
Whenever she has guests for dinner ,she\'s as busy as a bee all day.
3. as brave as a lion----very brave 勇猛如狮；非常勇敢：
He may be small and not very strong ,but he\'s as brave as a lion.
4. as proud as a peacock----very proud 非常高傲：
The boy was as proud as a peacock when he showed me his new football boots.
5. a wolf in sheep\'s clothing---- a person who seems a friend but is really an enemy; a person who disguises his real intentions 披着羊皮的豺狼；伪装友善的敌人：
Don\'t listen to his soft words; he\'s a wolf in sheep\'s clothing.
6. smell a rat ---- suspect that something is wrong 感到有可疑之处，觉得事情不妙：
Hs spoke very persuasively but I smelled a rat and refused his offer.
7. make an ass of oneself----seem foolish, behave so that one is laughed at 做傻事，使自己出洋相：
He was not used to public speaking and made a complete ass of himself.
8. make a pig of oneself----eat or drink one\'s fill吃（喝）个够：
We made pigs of ourselves on her cakes.
9. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush --- something is worth more than a risk which might be profitable 双鸟在林不如 一鸟在手；
If you invest this money you might make a fortune; but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
10. kill two birds with one stone ----achieve two aims at once 一箭双雕；一举两得：
I killed two birds with one stone by going to the bank on my way to the shops.
11. rain cats and dogs ---- rain very hard 大雨滂沱，下倾盆大雨：
It rained cats and dogs all day and we could not go out.
12. a cat-and-dog life ---- (husband and wife) a life full of quarrels （指夫妇）象猫狗一样不和的生活；过着经常争吵的生活：
They have led a cat-and- dog life ever since they were married.
（注意：lead/live a dog\'s life-- live a miserable life 过着牛马不如的日子，过着悲惨地的日子）
13. count one\'s chickens before they are hatched ---- be over-confident of success 蛋未孵，先取雏；过早乐观：
You think you have won the election, but don\'t count your chickens before they are hatched.
14. as blind as a bat ---- having very poor eyesight 瞎得象蝙蝠 一样；眼力不行的；
Without my glasses I\'m as blind as a bat.
15. let sleeping dogs lie ---- not disturb someone or something which may give trouble, not to look for trouble